ANF Architects, a technologically-advanced, community-focused commercial architecture, interior design, and planning firm was recently selected by the Memphis Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Memphis. We couldn't agree more!
It is important to us to create a really great work environment for our employees. We believe that proud employees = productive employees.
Working in a fun place inspires creativity which is then reflected in our work. Employees are helped to reach their full potential and are supported & encouraged throughout their professional development.
Here are some of the reasons we love coming to work:
1.) We show our employees they are valued.
• We trust our employees and allow flexible hours because we understand that sometimes our lives outside of work need to happen during regular work hours.
• Our profit-sharing program means ANF employees get to share in the firm’s success both creatively and financially. Every employee benefits from delivering projects on time and within budget.
• We have monthly employee events (cookouts, family outings, bring your dog to work days, etc...) to relax and enjoy each other’s company.
• Also, paychecks, free parking, and air conditioning are pretty cool!... in other words, we have a sense of humor
2.) We work hard to create a supportive and exciting work environment.
• We have an open-door policy. The firm leadership is approachable and receptive to new ideas. By creating a relaxed work environment in which every team member is valued, creativity is nurtured, and synergy abounds.
• Our partners are invested in the development of each employee. Mentoring is the best way to ensure professional career development and is integrated into our work strategy & office culture. Regular employee reviews provide opportunities to give and receive valuable insight, set goals, and mark progress.
• We also have a lot of fun at ANF! We know that all work and no play dulls the creative mind. Special events, spontaneous parties, outings, and rewards amp up spirits throughout the year.
3.) We create opportunities for individual and career development.
• We provide in-house continuing education (CEU credit) opportunities. Employees are given Training Allowances, as well as, paid time off (and travel expenses) for conventions, seminars, and workshops.
• Our Intern Development Program is a foundation of our success. We offer bonuses to incentivize professional licensing/certification, provide study materials, and paid time off for exams. We also pay for licensing fees & professional memberships.
4.) We have really great employment perks.
• We love our summer hours (half-day Fridays) and work hours flexibility.
• Our office doubles as an art gallery and a venue for community events. ANF Architects and our staff are plugged into the community. We pride ourselves on playing a role as “community-builders.”
• Architecture & art are natural companions. We invite local artist to display their work all through the year. This means, we get to work in an art gallery, and we have an incredible permanent collection. Our Art-On-Loan Program allows employees to “check out” fine art from our permanent collection to display in their homes.
• Employee Events and Parties are always a good time. We are all friends here, but the fan-favorite event, “Bring Your Dog to Work Day,” means our dogs are now friends too.
We believe in practicing what we preach. As designers, it is our business to create great work environments for our clients. For us it starts at "home."
Read more in the Memphis Business Journal Feature