ANF Architects - Christian Brothers University Rosa Deal School of Arts from ANF Architects on Vimeo.
The Rosa Deal School of Arts is the heart of the educational experience at Christian Brothers University. This is the newest building on the campus and has been designed for a 21st century education in the liberal and visual arts.
This three-story, 45,000 SF building includes:
- higher education modern design
- East lobby with monumental stair
- multi-modal classrooms
- A/V - smart technology
- design for high efficiency & low maintenance
- studio & lab spaces (built for multi-purpose usage)
- new writing center & language lab
- psychology lab
- theatre classroom with set-building lab
- theatre & art storage
- lounge with vending area
- collaborative areas, niches, alcoves, and soft seating with USB/charging
- faculty offices & dean’s suites
- honor’s lounge with kitchenette
- green room
- acoustical design
- communal spaces for students
- exterior courtyard
ANF created a design that enlivens and expedites the work of the University’s entire School of Arts which had been partially located in Kenrick Hall, the 1939 campus cafeteria, classroom, and high school building. The new building is designed to meet CBU’s current needs, particularly in the areas of technology, flexibility, multi-department learning & collaboration, and sustainable design.
Green design includes high energy efficiency, water conservation, and use of sustainable materials.
The exterior facing East Parkway pays homage to Kenrick Hall & relates to the existing campus with matching brick and mortar, but as you walk around the new building, the façade changes. As you walk around to the west side (interior campus facing), it transitions into a modern building more reflective of a modern campus.
The campus facing side opens with a full-height three-story glass curtain wall with an expressed linear stair leading to landing areas on each floor.